Thursday, August 11, 2011

Social Justice (1998)

(1998) Dry Bones cartoon: Student Strike.
Today's cartoon is from 1998.
Back then there was a student strike.

I posted this cartoon because of the current wave of demonstrations, riots, and unrest spreading around the world. The front pages of the Israeli Hebrew papers are splashed with horrifying shots of London burning. Just a few days ago our front pages showed massive Israeli demonstrations and tent cities of protestors. Earlier I caught an American TV news show on my PC. They were covering a riot. And then there's the ongoing uprising in Syria

And how come the phrase "Social Justice" keeps popping up? I saw it in Hebrew at a Tel Aviv demonstration. And there were just those anti-austerity riots in Greece?!!

Something is going on. What do you think it is? I personally disagree with King Solomon in the 1998 cartoon. Sometimes it's not "one or the other" Sometimes it's both!

Labels: , , , ,