Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Time Traveler (1998)

1998 Dry Bones cartoon - the 1900's seem old-sounding already, the 21st century lies dead ahead.
I was 11 years old when the year changed from 1949 to 1950. Wow! That was a biggie. Of course every day, in school, I had to carefully print the date at the top of my paper. I was never again as impressed by a date change... Until we started looking ahead to the new century. In this cartoon from December 1998 I was already feeling awe at the idea that we'd soon be living in the 21st century!!

Back when I was an 11 year-old school kid I calculated that if I lived to see the 21st century, I'd be a really old guy. I was right.

At first I wrote the date as 2000. It just didn't feel right using '00. By now, '06 feels natural. As will '07.

So how 'bout you guys out there? Did you have a major decade change that was particularly impressive?

Do you sometimes feel like you're traveling through time?

Or is it only me?

Nu?